Wednesday, December 11, 2013

love and math

This book has been sitting on the left corner of my desk since September, mocking me.  I mentioned that I thought it looked interesting, and our awesome librarian got it for me to read.  I see it every day, but have yet to find time to read even a page or two.  To be honest, I'm afraid to start it for fear that it's really good and I won't be able to put it down.

I used to have the time to read hundreds of books.  When I was single and childless, I really had summers off and could read a book almost every day.  Now I'm working on Nate Silver's, The Signal and the Noise.  I manage about two pages right before falling asleep at night.  I can't remember what I've read from one day to the next, so I've been working on the same two pages for a couple of months. 

I'm hoping that I find time to read over the holiday break, but you know that goes.  My priorities are pretty clear.

Spending time with family and friends
Reclaiming and cleaning my house after the holidays
Sleeping for about a week
Finding my way back to the gym
Preparing for second semester
Reading Love and Math

If you would like to recommend a great book that can hold down the left corner of my desk for second semester, I would love to hear about it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment