Friday, February 28, 2014

princess crankypants speaks...

February may be the shortest month of the year, but I gotta tell you, it's overstayed it's welcome.  I don't know what it is, but even though there's plenty of good that happened this month, I can't say I'm sad to see it end. 

More than anything else, I think that its the cycle of the school year that makes February seem to last forever.  January zips by in the post holiday madness.  March signals the end of 3rd quarter and spring break, and April and May are filled with end-of-year field trips, sporting events, prom, awards assemblies, exams, and graduation. 

Our school's February was jam-packed with Valentine's Day, a long 5-day weekend, and the Sadie Hawkin's Dance.  We had several guests including a visiting alum and helicopter pilot, teachers from a school in Nigeria, and 40 Headmasters in town for the NAIS conference.  I personally took a quick trip down to Key West, watched my children play sports, went to two plays, celebrated two family birthdays, and nursed my whole family through a long bout of lingering viral infections. 

I am sure that you have a similar list of activities and obligations.  I know I ought to be grateful, but mostly I'm just exhausted and looking forward to spring break.  Maybe you are too. 

So long February.  Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye.  Until next year...   



No comments:

Post a Comment