Friday, May 9, 2014

teacher appreciation

Photo Credit



This week has been filled with Teacher Appreciation across the country.  I write a quick note to say thank you to all the teachers in my life, past and present, that helped to make me who I am as a student, a teacher, and a person.  Today I also thank all my wonderful colleagues and the dozens of teachers helping me raise my own two sons.   For all of these people, I am so grateful.



I could go on and on, but here is a special hug to these six teachers from my own youth.  Thank you.


  • Mrs. Jones, who made me Abigail Adams in the 3rd grade play
  • Mr. Oakes, who didn't kill me in 5th grade when I interrupted his lunch for something stupid
  • Mr. Hanson, who taught me about the beauty of calculus and later how to own up to my mistakes
  • Professor Vessey, my second calculus teacher and academic advisor
  • Mr. Arnold, who supervised my student teaching in Taiwan
  • Professor Gayle, my thesis advisor

Who were the important teachers from your life?  Feel free to share them in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment