This week has been filled with Teacher Appreciation across the country. I write a quick note to say thank you to all the teachers in my life, past and present, that helped to make me who I am as a student, a teacher, and a person. Today I also thank all my wonderful colleagues and the dozens of teachers helping me raise my own two sons. For all of these people, I am so grateful.
I could go on and on, but here is a special hug to these six teachers from my own youth. Thank you.
- Mrs. Jones, who made me Abigail Adams in the 3rd grade play
- Mr. Oakes, who didn't kill me in 5th grade when I interrupted his lunch for something stupid
- Mr. Hanson, who taught me about the beauty of calculus and later how to own up to my mistakes
- Professor Vessey, my second calculus teacher and academic advisor
- Mr. Arnold, who supervised my student teaching in Taiwan
- Professor Gayle, my thesis advisor
Who were the important teachers from your life? Feel free to share them in the comments.